The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is committed to respecting the personal
privacy of our website visitors. To learn about why and how the ROM collects
personal information online and how the ROM uses this information see the
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify or
contact a specific individual, and includes such information as a name,
a home address, home telephone number, and email address.
The ROM may collect information in a non-identifying and aggregate form
to enhance our website design and to share with external groups for any
ROM-related business purpose. This information cannot be personally identified
with a specific individual.
The following privacy practices are specific to ROMImages:
• Personal information is obtained when you supply it voluntarily
by using the Register tool. You must register if you wish to have a My Images account.
• Registering entails filling out an online submission form. Not
all fields will be mandatory.
• This information can be used to contact you for the following
1. To fulfill an image purchasing or licensing request, including any
2. To inform you of updates and changes to the ROMImages application
and to aspects affecting your My Images account.
3. To respond to questions or comments directed to the ROM through the
Contact Us form.
• We may share your information in the following situations:
1. To those suppliers or companies hired to deliver the ROM’s products
or services, for example a shipping company that delivers a package.
2. To submit credit card information for payment. Credit card transactions
are managed by payment processing companies with whom the ROM has partnered.
The ROM will not authorize these companies to use your information except
for the express purpose for which it was provided.
• You can advise us of changes in your personal information by
accessing and changing your profile in your My Images account.
Questions or comments about the ROM’s privacy practices should be
Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Coordinator
100 Queen’s Park